I think I can keep up with the study logs if it’s only once a month, so I guess I’ll stick with that kind of scheduling, haha. I don’t really know what to update here anymore but then again, I can’t bring myself to delete this blog.
So maybe my posts will be a bit more straightforward from now on, or not… Anyway, here’s what I’ve been up to:
- I’ve finished until chapter 9(1) of TRY! N4 Textbook. If you’re curious, here.
- I posted another Lang-8 post! Yay.
- I finished a reading course for elementary level on JF’s Japanese e-learning, here.
- I skimmed through Genki 1 and tried to do their exercises, which was very helpful in seeing how much I’ve progressed and what I’ve yet to know, hehe.
- I discovered that my listening comprehension isn’t that bad, and I think it’s improved greatly when I played collar x mallice for five days straight before my finals, haha.
I dropped everything during my finals so I thought I had to make up for loss time. I did start watching Gakuen Babysitters and Sanrio Danshi so that’s more listening practice in, though. I think I’m liking this immersion thing, haha.
If we talk about time, I’ve wasted lots of them in 2017. If I had properly studied Japanese at that time, I would have been at N3 by now. But I know, we can never take back the time we’ve lost, and sometimes it’ll be overwhelming to try to make up for the time we’ve wasted. Trying to fit in everything as if we can take back the time is counter-productive, too. I read a quote about that before that snapped me back into reality, so it’s more like I’m starting anew and stepping forward.
I’m happy with the pace I’m going and I really hope I can keep at it, or at least can manage time properly. I told myself that this year, while I will be taking things one step at a time, I also want to be more disciplined in studying, because I’m serious about studying Japanese and I’m aiming for it to be something I can be proud of one day.
Wow, that took a different turn haha. And yeah, I’m not just hoping, but I’m going to make sure I study properly this time.
Thank you for reading and hopefully we’ll see each other in the next update! Byeom~